HYSB is seeking a part time Development & Communications Coordinator.
For over 25 years, HYSB has supported children, teens, and families in crisis and empowered young people from kindergarten through high school to become the best that they can be. Founded in 1991, HYSB exists to strengthen the emotional health of youth and families by providing free behavioral health services and empowerment programs in partnership with our public schools, local organizations, donors, and volunteers in the Northwest Corner Community.
Performs general administrative duties, coordinates development activities, and assists with organizational communication efforts. Requires organization, computer and word processing skills, and familiarity with donation acknowledgement etiquette.
Donor Relations & Fundraising
- Supports the Executive Director and Board members to cultivate and solicit donors
- Directly manage the gift entry, reviewing daily transactions, and ensuring appropriate acknowledgements
- Perform database maintenance including, but not limited to, de-duping, address verifications, and system upgrades
- Creates reports of development activity for board and public knowledge
- Assists with coordination and processing of bulk mailings
- Supports fundraising events as needed with administrative tasks
- Coordinates creation of quarterly newsletters
- Updates and creates email lists
- Coordinates creation and distribution of flyers/updates for organization
- Maintains press contact list and submits information when relevant
- Monitors all social media hosted by the organization
- Website updates as needed
Admin/General Office Duties
- Answer office phone and check voicemail
- Provide general support to clients, families, and office visitors
- Collaborates with staff in supporting the implementation of new programs and services
- Occasional evening and/or weekend availability for ‘day of’ special event support
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Experience with donor databases (Bloomerang a plus)
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, social media platforms, WordPress
Work Hours & Benefits
- This is a part-time, 20 hours a week position
- Flexible days/hours
- Paid sick and vacation time
- No health benefits
The Housatonic Youth Service Bureau (HYSB) is an at-will employer, we provide equal opportunity employment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.